Are you not able to find mails in your AOL Gold Desktop software? If yes, then we understand that this issue can be irritating if you cannot retrieve your emails. To resolve this query, you need not have to do anything extravagant, just reach out to AOL helpdesk for their instant help.
How Do I Fix Can’t Find Emails in AOL Desktop Gold?
- Ensure to have valid advantage AOL Gold plans for receiving emails
- Make sure to use updated Windows and AOL Desktop Gold software
- Restart your system and then access your desktop gold mails
- Scan your system for malicious files and then remove them
- Ensure that your system has enough space for loading new mails
- You must have active and stable internet connectivity
Steps to Fix Can’t Find Emails in AOL Desktop Gold
Before you implement the troubleshooting steps, you must check Spam/Trash’s folder to see whether these emails are not getting labelled as spam. If that’s the case, mark this email as ‘not spam’ to get them back in your inbox.
Check IMAP/POP Mail Configuration Settings
Ensure to use correct IMAP/POP settings for your desktop gold account.
- Log in to your desktop gold account by using the correct credentials username password.
- Then click on Settings>Mail options>General settings. Now enter the setting, as mentioned below:
IMAP Server Settings
Server Input: imap.aol.com
Port Setting: IMAP-993-SSL (default)
POP3 Server Settings
Server Input: pop.aol.com
SSL: true-implicit / true-explicit
After entering the correct settings, refresh and load your mails again to see if the issue is fixed or not.
Delete all the Enlisted Filters
Check your email filters to see whether new emails are not forced to go spam or trash folders directly. If that’s the case, then you have to delete those filters and then try loading the mail again.
- Sign in to Your AOL Desktop Gold account
- Then go to Option> Mail setting> General settings > Filter settings
- Simply hover your mouse over the filter that you wish to delete and then hit OK.
Disable the Firmware Temporarily
Sometimes an antivirus or firewall installed in your system might block your emails or is treating them as spam. To resolve it you have to disable your Windows Firewall
- Go to Window start button and then open Control Panel
- On the next screen, choose ‘System and Security’.
- Select ‘Window Firewall’ option that is under this menu
- From the left side of the pane, choose the option of ‘Turn Window Firewall on/off.’
- Select the radio button for clicking on the Home and Public network
- Hit OK and then exit the screen.
If these solutions do not work for you, you need to get in touch with the AOL email helpline experts to fix the issue of can’t find emails in AOL Desktop Gold. The experts will ensure that the error is resolved entirely so that you are able and receive emails.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Below are the minimum system requirement, which is required to utilize AOL Desktop mail smoothly:
- Make sure that you are using Windows 7 or a higher version.
- Confirm that your device has a minimum of 1 GB RAM.
- Also, the device should have at least 512 MB of free disk space.
- Your computer processor should be 266 MHz or higher.
- The screen resolution should be 1024 X 768 or higher.
- For the web browser, ensure that you have Internet Explorer 7+.
- Above all, make sure that you have a strong and stable Internet connection.
An outdated version of the AOL Desktop Gold can promote a myriad of technical issues, such as AOL Desktop Gold not showing emails. However, you can get it done automatically. Just close and open your AOL Desktop Gold mail every alternate day and it will ensure that you are using the latest version of the program. When you reopen AOL mail, the latest version of the program will be available to you.
If you are unable to go online as your AOL Desktop Gold doesn’t connect, then you need to resolve this issue. Refer to the article – Troubleshooting The Broadband Connection, which elaborates on the common issues in connecting with the Internet. Once resolved, check if your AOL Desktop Gold is connected.
There are various instances when the error is caused due to a sender. For instance, the sender is not typing the right email when you are expecting an email. Sometimes, the sender blocks your email accidentality and tries to send you an email.