AOL Gold Icon Missing from Desktop is an all-in-one solution to fulfill all requirements of users. It ensures users with few attractive services which require additional software to finish up. Using AOL Desktop Gold will empower you to use a single software to accomplish your requirements. This software offers users some features like Web Browser, Multimedia Streamer, Email Services, and games on their system. The most desirable characteristics of this software are that they won’t compromise on the level of security of users while offering them so many features. AOL Desktop Gold is congenial with all the major operating systems, such as Mac and Windows. You can select various membership plans suitable to your requirements and needs. It is essential to mention that AOL Desktop Gold is a simple process that anyone can perform.
AOL Desktop Gold is a software that efficiently satisfies the requirements of multiple users all across the globe. The users happily accept the software as a part of daily functioning because of the type of features. However, the software offers highly competent services but has multiple technical problems in itself. One of them is the AOL Desktop Gold icon disappearing issue. There are various reasons that users face this issue. Few common reasons are when the files get damaged in the AOL Desktop Gold folder due to malware or viruses in the system. It will help if you run through this blog to acknowledge this problem completely. After finishing it, you will get a clear idea about the problem and the methods to solve it effectively.
How to Solve AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem?
AOL Desktop Gold is one of the all-in-one and easy-to-use desktop used for mailing, browsing, and searching content. Its high-class premium security features keep your AOL email account safe and secure from hackers. Despite delivering rich features, many users need help with technical glitches while working on the desktop software. The most common issue that the users are facing is AOL Desktop gold icon missing problem.
The problem of disappearing desktop gold icons mainly arises due to malicious software or corrupted files in the device. If you are facing the AOL desktop gold icon disappeared error; you are at the right place. You can check out the below-listed sections to understand the possible causes behind the error, along with solutions to get the issue terminated.
Possible Reasons Behind AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem
Let’s take a brief look at the possible reasons/ factors due to why a user may encounter an AOL desktop gold missing icon problem;
- The AOL desktop software installation files are not downloaded properly on your device.
- Insufficient storage or damaged/ corrupted PC’s hard drive.
- If you need to remember to add the shortcut icon on your desktop screen during installation, it can lead to a missing icon problem in AOL Desktop Gold.
- If your PC is affected by antivirus or malicious software.
Read Also: AOL Error Code 212
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem
After having a clear understanding of the possible reasons due to the error arises, then let’s take a brief look at the troubleshooting methods that you can follow step-by-step to eliminate AOL desktop gold icon missing problem;
Method 1. Perform Manual Steps to Add AOL Desktop Gold Icon
Given below are the steps that you can carry out manually to add the AOL desktop gold icon on your desktop screen;
- First of all, navigate to the “My PC” window, and navigate to the local disk C.
- Secondly, you have to click on the “Programs and Files” folder and click on the “AOL Desktop” folder.
- As you move on to the folder, search for the AOL Gold Desktop icon option, and right-click on it.
- After that, you must click on the “Create AOL Desktop Gold” icon. Or you can also complete this step by manually dragging the icon to the desktop screen.
- At last, do refresh your device screen, and then the missing AOL Desktop Gold will re-appear.
Method 2. Run an Antivirus Scan on your Device
If your PC is affected by malware software, it can lead to various technical glitches, and missing AOL desktop gold can be one issue. In that scenario, you must run an antivirus scan on your PC to resolve the errors.
So, here are the steps that you can follow to run an antivirus scan on your PC;
- At first, you have install and launch the antivirus software on your device.
- Run a deep scanning of your PC, and ensure to choose the entire system.
- As the scanning process is completed, a list of all the affected applications will be shown on your PC screen.
- Thereon, delete the malware application from your device and then do a repair process for the affected applications.
Once you are done with the above-listed steps, close all the opened applications, and check whether the AOL desktop gold icon missing problem has been rectified.
Method 3. Turn Off System Maintenance Settings
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can carry out to turn off system maintenance settings on your PC;
- Launch the control panel settings on your device.
- Move to the “System and Security” settings, and click on the “Fix and Find Problems” option.
- Now, click on the “Computer Maintenance” option, and then move the radio button slider to disable the system maintenance settings.
After performing the steps mentioned above, perform a deep restart of your device, and verify if you recovered the AOL desktop gold icon.
Method 4. Modify Windows Settings
In case you have mistakenly implemented any changes in your PC, which is leading to the missing AOL desktop icon, then modifying/ changing the windows settings on your device can help you resolve the issue.
Given below are the steps that you can execute to modify windows settings;
- First, right-click on the free space available on the desktop screen.
- After that, select the “View” option, and click on the “Show Desktop Icon” option.
- Next, if the application is unchecked, shift the slider to turn on the display desktop icon.
- Thereon, save the new changes and then close the window.
- Now, perform a refresh of your device, and do a deep restart of your PC.
Method 5. Disable the Task Scheduler
Given below are the steps that you can follow to disable the task scheduler on your device;
- Firstly, move to the windows start menu.
- Thereon, type “Task Scheduler” in the search bar, and as the search results appear on the screen, click on it.
- After that, you have to click on the “Task Scheduler Library” option to expand it, which is available on the left side of the screen.
- Now, expand the Microsoft section, and click on the “windows” folder to disable it.
- At last, save the updates and changes, and perform a restart of your device.
Read Also: How to Reactivate Old Yahoo Account
Once you finish up all steps mentioned accurately, you can locate the AOL Desktop Gold icon on your system once again. The given steps are highly effective in resolving this problem. Check that your AOL Desktop icon missing problem is not eradicated; if it does not show the AOL Desktop Gold icon, uninstall it from your desktop. Now, you must visit the official website to Download AOL Desktop Gold with the new and latest version. Once you have reinstalled AOL Desktop Gold software on your system, then you must access it and check for the icon showing or not. To fix it quickly, you must contact AOL email helpline number to obtain some appropriate tips to eliminate it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
AOL Desktop Gold icon missing error can also take place when the system requirement is not fulfilled. To run it smoothly, you need to ensure that your device fulfils the standard system requirement, which is:
- Make sure that you are using Windows 7 or a later version.
- The RAM should be at 1GB or more.
- The minimum recommended system requirement is 1024×768.
- Your computer is connected to a stable and high-speed Internet.
- To ensure the safe installation of the program, make sure that the system has at least 512 MB of memory.
Follow the below-given steps:
- From within My Computer, click and open C: Drive and select Programs and Files.
- Here, try to locate the AOL Desktop Gold.
- Next, right-click on the AOL Gold icon and choose to create a shortcut to proceed further.
- Also, you can drag and drop the file to the desktop in order to create a shortcut.
- Alternatively, you can open the system tray and right-click on the AOL Gold icon >> Create Shortcut.
- To add the shortcut, clear the db cache files from the registry window to resolve the missing AOL Desktop Gold problem.
If none of the solutions can fix the missing AOL Desktop Gold icon, then reinstalling the application can help:
- First of all, go to the Program and Features menu on your computer.
- Thereafter, click AOL Gold Desktop and select the option Uninstall or Remove Program.
- Moving ahead, visit the official website of AOL gold to install a fresh copy of the program.
- Now log into your account using the correct username and password.
- Next, choose the option based on your active plan.
- Hit My Services and then choose Subscriptions.
- Find AOL Desktop Gold and click Get Started to proceed further.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install it on your device.
- You may also click the link that you have received from AOL Gold.