AOL Desktop Gold is an all-in-one solution to fulfill all requirements of users. It ensures users with few attractive services which require additional software to finish up. Using AOL Desktop Gold will empower you to use a single software to accomplish your requirements. This software offers users some features like Web Browser, Multimedia Streamer, Email Services, and games on their system. The most desirable characteristics of this software are that they won’t compromise on the level of security of users while offering them so many features. AOL Desktop Gold is congenial with all the major operating systems, such as Mac and Windows. You can select various membership plans suitable to your requirements and needs. It is essential to mention that AOL Desktop Gold is a simple process that anyone can perform.
AOL Desktop Gold is a software that efficiently satisfies the requirements of multiple users all across the globe. The users happily accept the software as a part of daily functioning because of the type of features. However, the software offers highly competent services but has multiple technical problems in itself. One of them is the AOL Desktop Gold icon disappearing issue. There are various reasons that users face this issue. Few common reasons are when the files get damaged in the AOL Desktop Gold folder due to malware or viruses in the system. It will help if you run through this blog to acknowledge this problem completely. After finishing it, you will get a clear idea about the problem and the methods to solve it effectively.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem
The troubleshooting steps are mentioned below to solve the problem of the AOL Desktop Gold icon disappeared error.
- Users must find the system tray available on the bottom of their system desktop
- On the system tray, tap the arrow key which is displayed. Once you press this arrow key, you can view hidden items on the system tray
- You can view the AOL Desktop Gold icon among the hidden items
- Do a right-click on the icon which is visible in the list of options you watch, select the possibility of creating a shortcut for AOL Desktop Gold
- After you finish the above steps, restart your computer, and you can find the icon available on your desktop.
Read Also: How to Reactivate Old Yahoo Account
Once you finish up all steps mentioned accurately, you can locate the AOL Desktop Gold icon on your system once again. The given steps are highly effective in resolving this problem. Check that your AOL Desktop icon missing problem is not eradicated; if it does not show the AOL Desktop Gold icon, uninstall it from your desktop. Now, you must visit the official website to Download AOL Desktop Gold with the new and latest version. Once you have reinstalled AOL Desktop Gold software on your system, then you must access it and check for the icon showing or not. To fix it quickly, you must contact AOL email helpline number to obtain some appropriate tips to eliminate it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
AOL Desktop Gold icon missing error can also take place when the system requirement is not fulfilled. To run it smoothly, you need to ensure that your device fulfils the standard system requirement, which is:
- Make sure that you are using Windows 7 or a later version.
- The RAM should be at 1GB or more.
- The minimum recommended system requirement is 1024×768.
- Your computer is connected to a stable and high-speed Internet.
- To ensure the safe installation of the program, make sure that the system has at least 512 MB of memory.
Follow the below-given steps:
- From within My Computer, click and open C: Drive and select Programs and Files.
- Here, try to locate the AOL Desktop Gold.
- Next, right-click on the AOL Gold icon and choose to create a shortcut to proceed further.
- Also, you can drag and drop the file to the desktop in order to create a shortcut.
- Alternatively, you can open the system tray and right-click on the AOL Gold icon >> Create Shortcut.
- To add the shortcut, clear the db cache files from the registry window to resolve the missing AOL Desktop Gold problem.
If none of the solutions can fix the missing AOL Desktop Gold icon, then reinstalling the application can help:
- First of all, go to the Program and Features menu on your computer.
- Thereafter, click AOL Gold Desktop and select the option Uninstall or Remove Program.
- Moving ahead, visit the official website of AOL gold to install a fresh copy of the program.
- Now log into your account using the correct username and password.
- Next, choose the option based on your active plan.
- Hit My Services and then choose Subscriptions.
- Find AOL Desktop Gold and click Get Started to proceed further.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install it on your device.
- You may also click the link that you have received from AOL Gold.