Comcast email is known for its extraordinary safety and security features. However, it’s highly prone to be attacked by hackers. Our email accounts hold various crucial information, which can be misused if an email account gets hacked. We have something important for you if you are facing a Comcast email hacked issue. This blog will cover steps and solutions you can easily perform step-by-step to recover a hacked Comcast email account.
How to Know If Your Comcast Email Account is Hacked?
Given below is the list of numerous ways through which you can easily identify a hacked Comcast email account;
If there are new emails in the sent box which need to be composed by you.
- The email account recovery details have been modified or changed.
- Two-step authentication or security questions has been changed recently without your concern.
- An uncommon IP address is found accessing your email account.
- The login credentials of your email account have been changed, due to why you are unable to access your email account.
Read Also: How do I Fix Comcast Email Not Sending
How to Recover Hacked Comcast Account?
If your Comcast email account has been hacked, then given below are the tested solutions that you can easily perform to recover your hacked email account;
Solution 1. Set a New Login Password
Whenever you notice that your Comcast email account has been hacked, then the first thing that we suggest you do is to change or reset the login password for your email account. Setting a strong login password will protect your email account from getting hacked again.
Given below are some tips that you must follow to create a strong login password for your email account;
- Use a combination of symbols, special characters, numbers, and uppercase and lowercase characters.
- Use a long password (10-12 characters).
- Never use the same login password for different accounts.
- Avoid including personal details in the login passwords, such as your name, birthday, user name, or email address.
Solution 2. Use Account Recovery Procedure
The next solution to recover a Comcast email hacked account is to run an account recovery procedure with your email account.
- First, open a compatible web browser on your device, and navigate to the official login page of Xfinity.
- Thereon, you have to click on the “Password” option, which is available below the “Sign In” option.
- Now, you will be navigated towards the password recovery page of email account.
- Here, you must provide the email address, User ID, or mobile number in the insert field and click on the “Continue” option.
- Moving ahead, fill out the Captcha form, and answer the security questions.
- Now, you have to select one recovery option from your email address or phone number. Then, you receive a verification code on the registered your email address or phone number.
- Provide this verification code on the password resetting page, and then keep following the on-screen instructions to reset the login password of your Comcast email account.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, verify if the Comcast hacked today issue has been eliminated. If you can still recover the hacked email account, move to the next solution.
Read Also: Why Are My Comcast Emails Keep Disappearing?
Solution 3. Reset the Security Questions
After you have reset the login password of your email account, then the next thing is to reset the security questions linked with your Comcast email account.
The hacker may be aware of the security questions, as they already have access to your email account. Therefore, resetting the security questions linked to your email account is highly recommended so your email account will not be hacked again.
Solution 4. Turn on the Two-Step Verification Feature
Another solution you can execute to recover a hacked Comcast email account is to enable a two-step verification authentication process for your email account.
It is an additional security feature for the users to submit a unique code sent to their registered mobile number while logging in to their email accounts. This safety feature will prevent hackers from accessing your personal or important information.
Solution 5. Change the Backup Email Address
If the hackers have taken control of your backup email account, they can easily request a new login password to the backup email address, which can again hack your email account. Therefore, changing the backup email address registered with your Comcast email account is necessary.
You can easily recover the hacked Comcast email account by changing the backup email address.
Solution 6. Change the Login Password of Other Services
If you use the same login password for other services, there is an extremely high chance that the other services can also get hacked. Therefore, without wasting time, you must change the login password for another service.
Modifying other services’ passwords will keep you safe and reduce the chances of getting your email account hacked again.
In this blog, we have covered six tried and tested solutions you can easily execute to recover a Comcast email hacked account. If you can still recover the hacked email account, you can get in touch with our email experts through chat box or mail at email@example.com. Our email experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to answer your query and to deliver the best feasible solution.