The promise and popularity of email services lie in the efficiency of connectivity. And what is the point of connecting if all your contacts are missing? If you are a Yahoo user, then you will be able to relate to this exceptionally well. However, Yahoo is not without its drawbacks and errors. To resolve most email error users can always contact Yahoo email helpline number and get a solution to their problem over the phone. Even so, it is still a plus point if you can resolve email errors on your own.
This blog explores one of the most common Yahoo email errors faced by many users, the mystery of the disappearing contacts. There are several reasons why your Yahoo contacts may go missing. You may have accidentally deleted them, or there could be a virus that may have caused some data corruption. Luckily Yahoo has an automatic save point option that allows you to restore contact within a 14-day time frame.
Read Also: How to Fix Yahoo Mail Login Problems?
Restore Individual Deleted Contacts in Yahoo Mail:
If you are looking to email a particular contact but suddenly notice that the person’s name no longer appears on your list you can follow the steps given below to recover that specific contact:
- Step 1: Open Yahoo email and enter your credentials
- Step 2: Click on the contacts icon
- Step 3: Go to the left column and open the deleted Yahoo contact
- Step 4: Choose the contact you would like to restore, and it will be added to your Yahoo contact list
You must log out from your account first and then log in to Yahoo email again for you to view the restored contact.
Restore your entire Yahoo contacts list:
The automatic save point feature of Yahoo even allows you to restore the complete list of your contact.
- Log in to your Yahoo email account and click on ‘Contacts.’
- Go to ‘More’ and select ‘restore’.
- Choose an appropriate date from the drop-down menu, and all your contact from that date will be restored.
Although the missing contact issues in Yahoo are quite common if it occurs too frequently, it may be a sign that your Yahoo email account is compromised. You should call the Yahoo customer service number to check your account activity and find out how you can avoid this type of error in the future. The helpdesk number is available 24*7 round the clock to help you in resolving the errors faced by you while accessing Yahoo email.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
If you want to add a new contact to the Yahoo email, follow the below-given steps:
- Launch your Yahoo account in the first place and then go to the Contacts icon.
- Now click on the option labelled as New Contact.
- Thereafter, type the information of the new contact.
- Once done, click on Save.
- You can also edit the contact information in your Yahoo account if you want to do so.
- Now from within your Yahoo mail, click on the Contacts icon and then choose a contact.
- Moving ahead, click on the Edit Details option.
- In the end, click on the Edit details option.
- Make the desired changes and click Save to finish the task.
Yes, you can import contacts from Facebook or other supported emails in your Yahoo account by following the below-given steps:
- Click on the Contacts icon in the first place.
- Next, click on the Import button.
- After that, follow the instructions given on your screen to sign in to your account.
- Here, you need to give your Yahoo mail account permission to import your contacts.
If you want to import the contacts using the CSV file then the below-given steps can help:
- From within the Yahoo mail account, click on the contact icon.
- Now tap on Actions and then choose Import to proceed further.
- Next, tap the Import button located beside the File Upload option.
- Here, you need to click on the Browse option to find the file you want to import.
- Tap import to finish the task.
You can use your Facebook and other linked accounts to export your Yahoo contacts.
- From within your Yahoo mail, click on the Contacts icon and then click on Actions >> Export.
- In the end, choose a format to export your Yahoo contacts and then click on the Export option to proceed.