Fix Yahoo mail login problems is one of the most popular web browser and email service providers across the globe. It offers a wide array of features and benefits to its users. There are millions of users across the globe who are using their Yahoo email account to stay connected in their professional and personal life.
Although, many Yahoo email account users have reported that they are unable to login into their Yahoo email account. In order to help out these hundreds of users, we are going to cover the complete information about how you can fix Yahoo mail login issues.
Common Reasons Behind Yahoo Mail Login Problems
After filtering out the reasons due to why the problem arises, we have listed some of the possible reasons due to why a user may encounter problems signing into Yahoo mail account;
- Poor internet connection.
- Incorrect login credentials of your email account.
- An outdated version of the web browser can be the primary reason behind the Yahoo email login problems.
- Server/ internet issues.
- Forgotten login password of Yahoo email account.
- Inactive email account.
- If an intruder has hacked your email account, it can also lead to various email login problems with your Yahoo email account.
Solutions to Troubleshoot Yahoo Mail Login Problems
Let’s take a look at the different methods that you can easily carry out step-by-step to resolve Yahoo mail login problems on your device;
Solution 1. Recover/ Reset Username or Login Password of Yahoo Email Account
If you cannot remember the login credentials of your email account, it can act as one of the most common reasons why a user can’t log in to your Yahoo mail account. Henceforth, in this situation, the only option left for the user is to recover/reset the login credentials of their Yahoo email account.
You can move to the Yahoo sign-in helper to reset the login password. You can also use the recovery details added to your account to complete the verification process and set a new login password.
Solution 2. Resolve Invalid Login Credentials Issue
If you provide the incorrect login credentials for your email account, you might see an invalid red flag that will appear on your screen while logging into the email account.
Some precautions we suggest you to remember while logging into the email account are as follows;
- Ensure the “Caps Lock” and “Num lock” keys are turned off while typing the login password.
- Avoid any hurry while providing the login password.
- If you changed the login password a few days back, update the new password on the browser’s settings.
- Try to use a different web browser to log in to your email account.
- Double-check the login password before clicking on the “Login” option.
Read Also: How to Reactivate Old Yahoo Account?
Solution 3. Verify the Internet Connection & Server Status
- A poor internet connection can be a primary reason due to why a user may encounter several Yahoo email login problems with their account. Therefore, you must make sure that your PC is connected with a strong and high-speed internet connection.
- You can also run an internet speed test on your device to ensure the internet speed is high enough to load the email services.
- Even after ensuring the internet speed test and connectivity, if you are still facing the issue, there can be server issues with the Yahoo email services. Therefore, you can use various online tools/ websites, such as a down detector, etc., to check the server status of Yahoo email services.
- If you found that the Yahoo email server is down, the issue will be resolved automatically within a few hours. Whereas, if the server issue is not down, it means that the issue is related to something else, and you have to carry out the rest of the solutions to resolve the issue.
Solution 4. Use a Different Web Browser
If you put various add-ons on your web browser, some add-on plug-ins can act as compatibility issues with the Yahoo email server, which may lead to Yahoo mail login problems. Therefore, we suggest you use a different web browser to access your email account.
Solution 5. Recover Hacked Email Account
Another scenario where a user may face Yahoo email login problems on their device is when an intruder has hacked their email account.
If the hackers have changed the login password of your email account, then you will not be able to log in to your email account. In this scenario, you must use the Yahoo sign-in helper page to verify that this specific email account belongs to you and that you want to change/ reset the login password.
Solution 6. Blocked Email Account Due to Inactivity
If you have tried multiple times to log in to your email account with an incorrect login password, then it can get your email account hacked due to security reasons. Therefore, you have to wait for 12 hours to get the security lock removed automatically.
This 12-hour security feature is used to keep your email account safe and secure from excessive force attacks from email hackers. It allows email users to work efficiently on their email accounts.
Read Also: How to Reactivate Old Yahoo Account?
As demonstrated above, we have put our 100% into listing the six best solutions you can follow to fix Yahoo email login problems. You can easily execute the solutions to eliminate the error. If you face any technical glitch while performing any step, or if you are still unable to log in to your Yahoo sign account, you can contact our email experts via mail at email@example.com. Our experts are available 24*7 to help you use your email account easily and smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Most users face a problem when logging into their Yahoo account, due to a forgotten user name or password. In such a case, you can go to the Sign-in Helper page and locate your Yahoo ID to get access to your Yahoo account back. Here, you will have to provide your recovery phone number or alternative email address. If you know your ID, you can reset your password with ease. When choosing a new password, you need to ensure that it is strong enough for the people with nefarious intentions.
This error depicts that the Yahoo ID and password combination you have entered does not match the record. In such a case, you need to consider the below-given points:
- Ensure the proper use of the “num lock” and “caps lock” when logging into your Yahoo account.
- Configure the auto-fill settings of your browser to ensure that it is not entering the wrong password.
- If the problem continues, try using another web browser.
- If someone else has changed the password, reset it promptly and set a hack-proof password.
If you are login into your account from a new location or device, you will be asked to enter the verification code to ensure that you are the owner of the account. When doing so, make sure that you can access the registered mobile number or alternate email address to receive the verification code.
Your Yahoo account gets locked to ensure the security of your mail account after so many unsuccessful logins. If someone else is trying to log into your account by entering a close password, it will get locked. Thereafter, it will unlock automatically, 12 hours after making the login attempts. However, you can regain access to your account using the Sing-in Helper.