Are you looking for the perfect way to How to Delete Folders in AOL Mail? Read this blog to learn more about it.
AOL mail is designed to provide you the best experience with a lot of advanced features. One such feature is Creating a folder; they allow you to create a separate folder for different kinds of messages. It gives you quick access to your important messages. However, not all folders are always relevant, right? But they keep using your storage space. Thus, you need to delete those unwanted folders from your AOL Mailbox.
Want to consult a professional to learn the steps to Delete Folders in AOL Mail? Email your Queries at firstname.lastname@example.org and get in touch with an expert.
Read Also: AOL Gold Icon not Responding Issue
Why to Delete the AOL Mail Folder?
At times, users have a few folders made in their AOL accounts that are not relevant now. These folders are not useful for you anymore, but they occupy enough space. So it is recommended to delete those folders as early as possible.
Precautions to take care of before Deleting a Folders in AOL Mail
Before going further with the ways to delete the Folder, let’s first learn about a few points that you must take care of:
- Go through all folders present in your Mail, and make sure you are not deleting an important folder.
- Provide a stable & strong network connection.
Note: After deleting the Folder, you can’t restore it again.
How to Delete Folder in AOL Mail Account?
Now that you have acquired enough knowledge about the AOL Mail folder delete process Let’s proceed with the steps to do it:
- Open the AOL mail Login Page on your System.
- After that, you have to enter your login credential (i.e., AOL email Account & Password)
- Next, click on the login button.
- Now a new page will open on your screen where you have to search for the Folder option.
- From the list of options created by the users, you have to select the particular Folder that you want to delete.
- Next, right-click on that Folder, and a drop-down list will appear on your System.
- Select the Delete option.
- And confirm it.
Now you are done with the steps, your Folder will be deleted permanently.
In case you are looking for an Alternate way to Delete Folders in AOL Mail, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, you have to log in to your AOL mail Account.
- Find the specific Folder you want to delete.
- Thereafter navigate to the settings option, present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Delete option.
- A new pop-up message will appear on your screen that says that the Folder is not empty.
- Hit on OK to confirm it.
Read Also: AOL Error Code 212 and its Troubleshooting Procedures
Steps to delete Folder in the Mail App
If you are accessing your AOL Mail with the help of the Mail app, then you can follow the given instruction:
- To initiate the process, Launch the Mailboxes.
- Thereafter, you have to move to the Edit option.
- Select the Folder that you want to delete permanently.
- Moving ahead, click on the Delete Mail option.
- Now, you have to the Delete tab to confirm it. You will see a warning message on your screen saying you are deleting the
- Folder with messages.
- Select Done to end the process.
However, if you don’t want to delete the Folder but rename it, follow the next procedure.
How to Rename Folder in AOL Mail?
- In the beginning, you have to go to the AOL Login page and enter the email id and password.
- Next, hit on the login button.
- Thereafter, navigate to the folders option and right-click on the particular Folder you want to rename.
- A drop-down menu will appear from that. You have to select the rename option.
- Edit Folder pop-up appears on the System.
- Enter a new name in the required box, and hit on save.
Now you are done with the renaming of your Folder.
Here, we conclude this detailed guide and hope the above solutions will help you while deleting a Folder in AOL Mail. However, If this error continuously interrupts you while printing, you can take instant help from our professionals through live chat. Otherwise, you can email us your queries to receive the best possible solution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
To make a folder using AOL mail, you can follow the given instructions:
- Firstly, open your Browser.
- Thereafter you have to go to the Folder option.
- Now click on the Plug sign (+) and enter a folder name.
- Next, you have to hit Enter.
- Now to move the email to that Folder, select it.
- Hit on More, and click on the Folder Name.
It is very easy to find an AOL folder in your Mac device if you know the right way to do so:
- Click on the view option.
- Next, select the Show Mailboxes, and you are done.
In case you want to delete a folder permanently, go through the given procedure:
- Initially, right-click on the specific Folder, and select Delete Folder.
- After that, hit on the Yes option to move the Folder and its emails to the trash folder.
- Next, you have to delete the trash folder.
Now, your Folder & its emails are permanently deleted.