AOL error code 212, also referred to as runtime error and can take place when using the program. Even after thorough and stringent debugging, some issues can go unnoticed and, later, can be experienced when using the program. The error code 212 in AOL can be seen frequently after the software installation.
However, when the bugs from the code base are fixed, downloading a new update can resolve AOL error codes 212 so that you can run the program smoothly. There are multiple factors that can give birth to the error code 212. You need to list them and suppress them one by one to eliminate them.
What are the Possible Reasons Behind the Runtime AOL Error 212?
If you are facing the Runtime AOL error code 212 , keep an eye on the following reasons behind the issue:
- Corrupt download or partial/damaged installation of the AOL Instant Messenger.
- A detrimental virus or malware attack causing damage to the Windows Registry.
- Corruption in the Windows Registry can also be one of the possible reasons behind the error.
- An accidental or unintentional deletion of the Instant Messanger files can also promote AOL error code 212.
- The memory leak issue in AOL Instant Messenger can deplete the system resources, thereby making the system sluggish.
- AIM is unable to process the given input, thereby unable to process the appropriate output.
Read Also: AOL Gold Icon not Responding Issue
How to Identify AOL Error Code 212?
If you want to identify if the AOL error code 212 has occurred, check if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Freezing, crashing, or hanging of the system can be experienced now and then.
- The program crashes every time when you try to run the same program.
- Inputs from the keyboard or mouse become sluggish.
- The slow performance of the Windows OS can also be seen with the AOL error code 212.
- The warning message depicting the error code 212 will appear on your screen.
If you are noticing these symptoms, move to the next section to find the best solutions to eliminate AOL error code 212.
How to Eliminate AOL Desktop Error Code 212?
Now that you have sufficient information on the error code 212 of AOL, follow the below-explained solutions to get rid of the problem:
Solution 1: Reinstall the Graphic Driver to Eliminate the Error Code 212
AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) error code 212 is also known as AOL runtime error. Corruption in the codebase can be one of the possible reasons behind the error, but not necessarily the only reason. It means that the execution of the program fails when a user attempts to open it. To fix it, reinstall the graphic driver and check if it can eliminate the issue:
- Go to the Device Manager section on your computer and locate the graphic driver.
- Now, right-click on it once found and select Uninstall from the drop-down list.
- Restart your computer and track if the error code 212 is resolved or not.
No help with this solution in troubleshooting the AOL error code 212? Try the next solution.
Read Also: A Quick Guide to Fix AOL Mail Login Problems
Solution 2: Perform the Reinstallation of Runtime Libraries
An improper installation of the MS Visual C++ updates can bring forth the error 212 in AOL Desktop. Here, you need to remove the current package and replace it with a fresh one. Below are the steps:
- When on your computer, go to the Programs and Features option.
- Here, you need to locate and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package.
- Thereafter, uninstall the package and then reboot your computer.
- Now download the latest redistributable package and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Check if the error code 212 is resolved. If not, try the next procedure, which is closing the conflicting program.
Solution 3: Close the Conflicting Programs Causing the Issue
Sometimes, it can be the conflicting programs running in the background that are causing the error code 212 . You need to close these conflicting programs in order to get rid of the error:
- You need to open the Task Manager in the first place by pressing CTRL + Alt + Delete buttons simultaneously.
- Here, you can see the list of the programs that are currently running on your device.
- Go to the Processes tab, highlight a running program and click the End Process button to close it.
- You need to perform the same procedure for all the conflicting programs to close them one after the another.
After closing these programs, check if the AOL error 212 is fixed. If it continues to flash on your screen whenever you try to run the software, perform the next solution carefully.
Solution 4: Run a Quick Virus Scan
As discussed in the possible causes of the error section that a virus or malware infection can promote the AOL Runtime error 212. Therefore, you need to run a quick virus scan in order to check if your computer is infected or not. In this procedure, you need to make sure that the system is virus-free.
This post elaborates on the crucial aspects of the AOL error (causes, symptoms) along with the troubleshooting solutions. Performing the steps carefully can eliminate the runtime error in AOL. However, if you are not sure about any step or need an expert’s assistance, we have got you covered. Chat with our experts or email to schedule a call back based on your availability hours.