Yahoo email service is the second most prominent email service across the globe. However, despite being the most efficient email service, sometimes users face various issues while using their email account, and Yahoo mail error 550 is the most common error code that users face.
In this article, we will cover complete information about why a user may encounter Yahoo mail error 550. By reading this article, you will get a clear knowledge about how you can get the error resolved.
What Does Yahoo Mail Error Code 550 Means?
Yahoo mail error code 550 is a common mailbox unavailable email issue that disallows an invalid or highly blacklisted email address from sending emails. It is one of the SMTP errors that arise when the outgoing emails sent by the users are not delivered to the recipient’s email address.
Well, there are various possible reasons due to why a user may encounter this issue. Some of the common possible reasons are covered in the next section.
Possible Reasons Behind Yahoo Mail Error Code 550
Let’s take a look at the list of some of the possible reasons due to why a user may encounter the Yahoo mail error code 550 while working on their email account;
- The email address to which you are sending the emails does not exist or is incorrect.
- A blocked or invalid domain name can also lead to Yahoo mail error 550.
- If the recipient’s email address has blocked your email account.
- If you are using the Yahoo email services from a different IP address.
- Internet or firewall issues can also lead to the occurrence of the Yahoo mail error 550.
- Higher chances of spam have declined your SMTP connection.
- If your email address has not been verified/ authenticated per the policy/ rules.
How to Identify Yahoo Mail Failure Notice Error 550?
- The recipient is unable to receive your emails in the primary mail inbox.
- Facing difficulties in receiving or composing new mails.
- When the new emails are directly landing in the spam folder.
- A pop-up message appears on your screen reflecting “Yahoo Mail Temporarily Unavailable.”
Solutions to Fix Yahoo Error Code 550
After having a clear understanding of why the error arises, let’s move ahead, and discuss the possible solutions to fix Yahoo error 550;
Solution 1. Verify Email Address
At the initial stage, when you are facing Yahoo mail error 550, we suggest you ensure you are sending the email to the correct email address. If you have made a typing mistake while entering the recipient’s email address, it can lead to the error code 550.
Also, double-check the email address with the recipient, and ensure you are sending the mail to the correct address.
Solution 2. Verify Whether the Email IP Address is Blocked
In a scenario, if your email IP address has been added to the DNS blocklist, then most of your emails will not reach the recipient address and can instead bounce the email. If your email IP address has been blocklisted, then it indicates that;
- If your webmail application’s vulnerability has been exploited, it is uploading a spam script.
- If your email account has been hacked by an intruder and has been used as a medium for sending excessive spam emails.
- Try locating the database and searching out the main reason why your email id has been blocklisted.
Solution 3. Re-send the Mail After Sometime
- There is a strong chance that the recipient’s email server may be down for several reasons. Henceforth, we suggest you keep waiting for a few hours till the issue gets resolved. Additionally, you can also check out the email server status via online server-checking websites such as down detector.
- If you know the Yahoo email server is down in your locality, try to resend the mail after some time. On the other side, if you notice that there is not an issue with the email server, then you have to perform the rest of the solutions to get the issue fixed.
Solution 4. Change the Yahoo Email Outgoing Port Number
- Another possible reason why a user may encounter the Yahoo mail server 550 is an incorrect outgoing port number. If you are using 25 as the outgoing port number, there is a high chance that the server may block that mail as spam.
- Instead of 25, you can change your port number to 26, 465, 587, or 2525.
Note: If you use an active firewall application on your device, you must verify the port change to allow the emails to pass.
Solution 5. Turn on SMTP Authentication
In most email applications, SMTP authentication is configured automatically on the device. In a scenario, if the email application fails to configure it correctly, the users might face issues sending new emails.
Well, if you are using the Mozilla Thunderbird to access your mail account, then given below are the steps that you can follow to enable SMTP authentication manually;
- First, launch the Mozilla Thunderbird on your device and click the “Tools” option.
- Thereon, click on the “Settings” option and then select the
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) option.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on the “Edit” option.
- Once you finish the above steps, you must provide the username and password details, then click the “OK” option.
Also Read: How to Fix Yahoo Mail Login Problems?
As demonstrated above, we have covered the complete procedure for troubleshooting the Yahoo . If the solutions mentioned above do not help you resolve the error, or if you face any issues while performing the steps, you can get in touch with our email experts via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query and assist you in the best manner to resolve the issue.