Are you not able to receive a Verification code from Yahoo? If that’s so, then you have reached the best spot.
Yahoo is a great email service provider with various smooth and attractive features, one of them being double-layered protection. But sometimes, users might have to face difficulties due to this feature. It is because when you try to log in to your Account, Yahoo asks for a verification code. This recovery code is received either on an alternate email or mobile number. Sometimes this verification link or code won’t work, which makes it difficult for the user to access their own email.
Thus in this blog, we have mentioned every possible way that can help you fix the Yahoo Mail not sending Verification Code Error. Read it and get your perfect Solution..
Haunting for a quick Solution to fix the Yahoo verification issue? Email us your queries at email@example.com and grab immediate help.
Causes that might Evoke Yahoo Mail not Sending Verification Code Issue
Before moving ahead with the solutions to fix Yahoo verification code issues, you must be aware of the reasons that may create the problem. This is done so that you can apply the troubleshooting solution according to the cause of the error.
- In case you are using a landline number in place of a mobile number, you won’t be able to receive the Yahoo verification code, as Yahoo can only do so for mobile numbers.
- Suppose you have provided incorrect contact information, i.e., mobile number or email address, in the recovery section. Yahoo will not be able to send you a verification code.
- Your device can also create issues for you while receiving verification codes on your Yahoo email. Thus check hardware, Memory, and other things first before rushing toward the troubleshooting.
- If there is some issue with the alternate email, it can result in the redirection of your message to the Spam folder.
Also Read: How to Recover Yahoo Password Without Phone Number and Alternate Email
Things to Take Care of in case your Yahoo Verification Code is Not Working
Let’s look at a few details that you must consider when you are not able to receive a verification code from Yahoo’s end:
- Check and verify your internet speed.
- Look at the Server status of Yahoo.
- Make sure that your recovery mobile number or email is in a working position.
Step-by-step Solution to fix the Yahoo Verification Code Not Sending Problem
In this section of the blog, we have described the seven best resolution methods to fix the Yahoo verification code not working. Make sure that you apply the troubleshooting method as per the cause of the error.
Method 1: Utilize the Resend Option
When you are not able to receive a verification code from Yahoo, you can click on the Resend button, which is present next to the verification code. Thereafter check your mail or mobile number again. If you still have not received the verification code, move to the next step.
Method 2: Try different Browsers
When you use the web-based version of Yahoo, you have the option to access any browser. Almost all browsers are supported by Yahoo, including Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft edge, etc. Thus switch between all these browsers whenever you are facing an issue to check if the problem is due to the browser.
Note: Ensure that your device is updated with the latest version of the web browser.
Method 3: Verify sufficient Memory in the Alternate Email Account
In case you are requesting for a Yahoo verification link or code in your Alternate account, then ensure that the inbox of that account has enough space to receive new incoming emails. If the space is filled, then in such scenarios, you have to delete some of the not-so-important emails to receive them.
Method 4: Delete SMS from your Mobile
If you are opting for the SMS option to receive the Yahoo verification code, then make sure the SMS menu of your device has space. In case it is completely filled, then clear out some space to receive a new message for the verification code.
Then click on resend verification code option, to go further.
Method 5: Make changes in the recovery information or Phone Number
In case, even after following the above methods, you are still stuck in the same issue; then you have to make changes in the recovery details or your mobile number. To do so, you can follow the instruction according to your preference:
Modifications using a Web Browser
- Go to the official login page of Yahoo.
- Enter your login credentials, then Sign in to your Yahoo account.
- Hit on the Edit button, available next to the verification method.
- Enter your recovery information.
- Hit on the confirm tab.
- Now, follow the on-screen information to complete the process.
Modifications using Yahoo App
- Open the Yahoo App on your Mobile.
- Thereafter hit on the Manage Accounts option.
- Now, tap on Account info, followed by selecting Account Settings.
- Hit the Edit tab that is present next to the verification option.
- Click on Edit again for the recovery.
- Enter your Recovery information, and hit on Confirm.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot the Yahoo Mail Error 550
Method 6: Get your Mobile number or Email address verified
In case you have recently changed your recovery information or added a new one, and haven’t verified it until now, then you will not be able to receive the verification code from Yahoo. Thus it is advised to verify your details instantly after making the changes. Follow the given steps to do so:
Verify using a Web Browser
- Initiate the process by signing in to your Yahoo Account Security Page.
- Thereafter hit on the Edit option to opt for the unverified method recovery.
- Select THE Verify Now option.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompt to complete the process.
- However, if you are using the Yahoo Mobile App, then you can go with the below-given procedure.
Verify using Yahoo mobile App
- Select Profile Icon, then go to Manage Accounts.
- Then select Account Info and hit on Security Settings.
- Tap on the Edit option for recovery.
- Now, choose the Verify Now tab for the unverified menu.
- At last, end the process by following the given instructions.
Also Read: Quick Ways to Resolve Yahoo Mail Temporary Error Code 14
Summing it up!
We assure you that the resolution methods explained in this post will help you deal with the Yahoo verification code not working error. However, if Yahoo is still not sending you the verification code, then you need to contact our professionals. You can chat with our specialist through the live chat facility to acquire the best possible assistance.